As I travel a lot, I like to make a big healthy lunch for my colleagues when I come back. Or on a Monday. Or just when I feel like it. We are a pretty healthy bunch who always eat lunch together and I like to bring something to the communal table.
Take a big salad bowl and pile good stuff in until it’s full to bursting. That’s basically it!
This one includes:
– Fried tofu (a quick press and marinade of sesame, soy and chilli then fried in olive oil)
– Grated carrot and kohlrabi with sesame oil, rice vinegar and white sesame seeds
– Seaweed salad (a packet of Clearspring seaweed quickly rehydrated)
– Freshly-cooked quinoa (still warm)
– Mushrooms cooked in butter and mushroom ketchup (similar to Worcestershire sauce but contains anchovy so not veggie)
– Grated cucumber in yoghurt as a side dish
– Topped with alfalfa sprouts (bought from the bio shop but usually I do my own)
In the interest of time, I used my Magimix to grate the veggies instead of chopping and didn’t marinade the tofu more than a few minutes. It was still pretty good.